Boiler Servicing & Repair
OFTEC (Oil Firing Technical Association) are watchdogs of oil safety within the UK, and are in partnership with Building Regulations in an effort to stamp out rogue engineers and improve overall quality and standards within the oil fired industry.
All our engineers are fully trained and certified by OFTEC.
- Boiler servicing/repairs
- Full boiler/central heating installation.
How often should I service my boiler?
It is recommended annually for an oil boiler and six monthly for Agas/Rayburns. Regularly serviced boilers operate more efficiently and therefore use less oil. At today's high prices an inefficient boiler will be costing you ££££'s more to run.
What is involved in a service?
- Clean the burner and components
- Check burner/ inspect oil line
- Check the flue-ways & heat exchanger
- New nozzle
- Clean / check heat exchanger and baffles
- Clean & adjust the ignition components
- Clean flame supervision components
- Check all disturbed connections
- Check all boiler seals & joints
- Check Fire Valve
- Check there are no obvious signs of damage to the wiring
- Re-set the burner operating pressure to that on the data label/plate
- Carry out combustion analysis and set up boiler for safe and efficient running
- Check boiler safety devices
- Check Oil tank and supply.
Why use us?
- Our work can be inspected at anytime by an OFTEC Inspector ensuring we maintain our high standards.
- We are re-assessed every five years to maintain our Registration
- We carry an identity card confirming the type of oil heating work for which we are registered
- We hold appropriate insurance to work in your home
- We are able (in England and Wales) to self-certify our work for which we are Registered. This saves you time and money, as non-Registered technicians must, by law, notify Local Authority Building Control, or submit plans when installing oil-fired appliances
- We will leave with you a written statement of the work we have done on your appliance, replacement parts fitted and recommendations for work needed in the future.